Seven days before Christmas? By the time you read this it might even be less. How are you doing? For me, I am half stressed and half not. The stress comes in part due to the fact that I want to do so many things and but I don’t have the time (and often time the resources) to do all the things I want to so. However, I have shared about this already on my #HolidayProblems post here, so this time I want to talk more about some of the general problems we all have on Holidays and the possible the cure to all or some. Let me warn you that the list will be random and the solutions may not be what you would expect or hope for:
1. Holiday Problem #1: No money to spend on making the holiday special. Proposed Solution: Celebrate in Small Meaningful Ways Some of you might be tempted to just not even celebrate the holidays. You are planning to just work, work work. My suggested solution? Celebrate in small ways. Christmas does not have to be extravagant. Hey, Jesus was born in a manger, it can’t be simpler than that! Maybe you don’t believe in the Christ of Christmas but you used to join the holiday celebration when times were good financially, but now it’s not. I encourage you to not give up on the joy of celebrating the holidays. Do some random act of kindness (like visiting a friend in the hospital or spending time with a grieving friend) during this season and feel good about it.
2. Holiday Problem #2 – You’ve spent so much to the holidays fun but you placed them all on credit cards. Big bills coming in January – yikes! Possible Solution? Join a sweepstakes and pray you’d win! It’s too late for me to warn you to stick with the holiday budget. I can’t do much about that. All I can say is make a budget for next year and stick with it. But hey, I know of a sweepstakes that has a price of $50,000. This is not joke and it’s legit. You don’t have to buy a ticket, all you have to do is download an app. The app is legit – it’s an app to help you search properties on Maui. Why do I know about this? Because I work for the company who is sponsoring this. Go to Home Sweet Maui blog and find out how to join. I wish that one of you will win this $50K cash!
3. Holiday Problems #3: Too Tired After the Holidays. Proposed Solution: Plan ahead, schedule a couple of days off after holidays.
Holidays are fun but also tiring. We all know this. So, make sure that you have some “rest time” scheduled after the holidays. You don’t have to go anywhere, you can just do a couple days of staycation to recharge. The important thing is that you must put it on your calendar. Now I have news for you (ok, I think you already know what this is if you’ve read my previous post) – there is a chance for you to win a 2 night stay at Travaasa Austin. Go to this #HolidayProblems page at Travaasa Website for details, or go to Travaasa Facebook Page, fill out this form and enter to win! I hope one of you win!- let me know if you win and I’d be so stoked for you!
4. Holiday Problem #4 – Feeling depressed and disappointed. You feel that there’s so much commercialism on holiday celebrations and you’re sick of it. Proposed solution: do the reverse. Don’t join the commercialism and do something good instead. Give to charity during this season. Haiyan victims in the Philippines are still needing help. Maybe you’ve done that already – you’ve donated money for the poor but you still want to make a difference. How about supporting a project that aims to make a difference on earth – like Wrappily?
5. Holiday Problem #5: Neglecting to exercise. Proposed Solutions: Do it with your family or friends. Then there’s accountability. My daughter and I recently started attending Yoga together and it’s so good for both of us. We get to exercise as well as spend time with each other. We plan to continue it after the holidays.
6. Holiday Problem #6: Feeling alone. Missing Family. Proposed Solution – Celebrate with your surrogate Ohana. Celebrate with Friends. Some of us live far away from our family and relatives and we can’t afford the plane tickets to fly over. Best thing to do is to celebrate with friends. Are you on Maui and you don’t have any place to go to this Christmas and no one to celebrate it with? I have good news for you! Hope Chapel is hosting a Christmas Gathering on Christmas Day! There will be lots of food and fun. It’ will be almost like a Christmas Luau. Almost :). What is a Christmas Luau? Watch this:
Well, it’s 2 o’clock in the morning. I guess I better end this post and get some sleep. – A hui hou!
Disclosure: I truly love vacationing at Travaasa Hana. I have “retreated” there twice before and always look forward to going back. When I was offered a chance for a complimentary stay there in exchange for my participation in their #HolidayProblems campaign, I immediately said yes! This post is part of my participation. My thoughts + opinions on Travaasa are 100% my own and no additional compensation will be received.
Please share this post. If you have questions or comments, let me know by posting it on the comment section below. Thank you very much for your support.